Published — Wednesday 30 January 2013
Last update 30 January 2013 12:30 am
Traveling with children can be very tiring; parents are always searching for destinations that offer entertainment for their children. Dubai is one of those cities that offers something for everyone. Arab News has collected a list of the best ten places with a safe environment and interesting activities for your kids to do on your next visit to Dubai.
1) Atlantis Palm Dubai is a full option hotel that guarantees satisfaction for your whole family. Mothers can spend the day at the spa and fathers can play sports, while children can enjoy a day filled with water adventure starting with the Aquaventure Waterpark. Your children can enjoy the thrill of jumping into the largest and most exciting waterpark in Dubai, overflowing with 42 fun-filled acres, appropriate for all ages. They can experience heart-racing slides that take them to shark filled lagoons and never ending adventures, as well as a children’s play area featuring 10 slides, rope bridges, water cannons and more.
2) Children can also choose from five unique activities interacting with dolphins that will surely be an unforgettable experience at the Dolphin Bay. Wade into waist-high waters with the friendly mammals or enjoy the thrill of a belly ride in the deep waters of the Atlantis’ lagoons.
3) Away from the water and into the snow, you can enjoy a day of shopping at the Emirates Mall while your children can ski and build snowmen at the Ski Dubai. It is the world’s largest indoor snow park with exciting rides. There is a ski school for those who want to learn the basics of skiing or snowboarding with qualified instructors. There is also a 400-meter slope and a 400-meter chairlift, allowing you the thrill of sitting 10 meters suspended in the air.
4) Ice Land water park combines both water and ice, with the world’s largest manmade water fall, and a penguin bay a 6,000 square meters rain dance pool. Polar Mountains World is the largest assortment of 27 water slides emerging from seven towers and Arctic Waves with the largest wave pool, encompassed in a 3,600 square meters area. There is also a unique snorkeling experience, football under the rain and a dedicated kids water park.
5) Many say Karting is the first step in a racing drivers career to the top. Take your children to the Dubai Autodrome to experience driving in a safe environment where the Kartdrome offers special karts and karting sessions for children from age 7 to 12 indoors. Experts and professionals are there to teach your children the basics and advanced karting lessons.
6) Allow your children the chance to experience the rush of free falling at the iFly Dubai and enjoy the excitement of skydiving in the region’s only indoor skydiving center. This adventure is safe for children ages five and above. They have highly trained iFly instructors, including a spacious state-of-the-art wind tunnels that fits up to 12 flyers and can reach wind speeds up to 200kph.
7) Wild Wadi waterpark located along Jumaira beach, it is one of the famous outdoor waterparks in the UAE. From water roller coaster rides to inter-connecting slides and their latest addition adventurous rides the Tantrum alley and Burj Surj.
8) Get a chance to watch a movie in Dubai Mall while your children are just across the hall from you having the time of their life at Kidzania. This indoors theme park gives your child an educational and fun time role playing and mimicking adult activities and jobs in a fun and exciting way. Your child can practice his future job now, enacting a firefighter, a doctor, pilot, chef and any other passion.
9) Give your child a chance to appreciate an amazing array of animals such as the Arabian Oryx, giraffes and white lions at Al-Ain Zoo at Al-Ain — approximately a 2 hour drive from Dubai. The zoo was built to create natural habitats that could encourage the breeding of endangered species. Make sure to join a night safari, when the weather is a little cooler and the creatures are most active.
10) Take a road trip for less than two hours to Yas Island to visit Ferrari World — the world’s largest indoor theme park. There are tens of things to do with your children from roller coasters, racing simulators, classic cars and all things Ferrari, including kid-friendly activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family.