80% of judges under online inspection system



JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Published — Wednesday 6 February 2013

Last update 6 February 2013 1:23 am

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

The Justice Ministry’s new remote inspection system has brought 80 percent of the judges in the Shariah courts under online monitoring.
“The remote inspection system has been implemented in 100 courts in which 700 judges, who account for 80 percent of the total number of judges in the Kingdom, are working,” an informed source at the Ministry of Justice said. It added that the remaining 20 percent of the judges are subject to field inspections.
The online system can also discover a court’s need for more juries and distribute judges evenly in all courts, besides evaluating the performance of courts and judges.
Other advantages of the system include the speedy disposal of cases and reducing the delay in holding hearings. The system can also monitor case registrations and appointments for hearings, in addition to monitoring judicial activities.
The online system enables inspectors to monitor proceedings in a court from any place and even after working hours. The online linking system currently in place in courts enables judges to communicate with one another and alerts them to incoming cases in advance. This also includes access to case files outside the courts and office hours.
Another feature of the online system is that the disputing parties in a case will have access to the details of their case, which can assist them in preparing for upcoming hearings.
The Supreme Judiciary Council decided to introduce the remote inspection system last year, with the aim of bringing about a qualitative shift in the country’s legal system with more efficiency and speed.
According to the statutes governing the judiciary system, 30 cases handled by a judge should be inspected and evaluated at least once, or twice if possible, in a year. A judge who receives less than average grading in his evaluation will be subject to monitoring in all the cases he handles, according to the statues. The inspection also covers judges in appeal courts and deals with complaints by or against judges.
Another informed source put the number of marriage clerks in the Kingdom at 5,171. The Ministry of Justice issues licenses allowing marriage clerks to become eligible to register marriages only if they are Saudi and hold a university degree, with a specialization in Shariah.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

The Kingdom has shared very friendly relations with the United States since the beginning of bilateral ties in the 1930s when full diplomatic relations were established. Despite all the ups and downs in recent years on certain policies, especially on...
AL-NAIRIYA: Women in Al-Nairiya governorate have called on the government to only allow gender-based voting because they believe this would allow women to get places on the new municipal councils.Nouf Al-Otaibi, a businesswoman in the area, said men...
RIYADH: Women in Saudi Arabia have been allocated a package of services to ensure their development and employment, Labor Minister Mufrej Al-Haqabani said Tuesday.The minister was speaking at the first panel discussion at the second National Business...
JEDDAH: Security authorities in Turaif in the Northern Border Province have arrested a young man in his 20s for killing his parents and wounding his siblings at their house on Wednesday.The arrested man reportedly used a sharp object to kill his pare...
The Date and Palm Festival, organized by the Royal Commission for Jubail (RCJ) at the Al-Fanateer waterfront in Jubail Industrial City, has received more than 90,000 visitors since its launch last Thursday.In addition, on Sunday the event received mo...
JEDDAH: Over two million animals would be available for slaughter this Haj season, according to the Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI).Suleiman Al-Jabri, chairman of the JCCI’s livestock traders committee, said that more than 1 million sh...

Stay Connected

Facebook