- British foreign secretary Boris Johnson criticized the council’s controversial Agenda Item 7, a permanent fixture on the schedule exclusively devoted to discussing rights abuses in the Palestinian Territories.
- Johnson noted however that the council had an important role to play in “the Israeli-Palestinian conflict under the right agenda item.”
- The attacks targeted two Hamas military sites and a munitions manufacturing site
- “Fire balloons” and kites carrying flammable material have become symbols of the Palestinian border protests in recent months
- The latest figures take the number of confirmed cases to 2,220 since September 2012, including 1,844 from Saudi Arabia
- The disease is hard to spot, partly because it often infects people with an underlying condition such as diabetes, renal failure or chronic lung disease
- The grim discovery was made after 25 people from the Fulani ethnic group, who are predominantly herders, were picked up last week by the army in the localities of Kobaka and Nantaka.
- Central Mali is a vast area where the state is near-absent and extremists, blamed for exacerbating the dispute, roam with little constraint.