- Fearing Syria’s regime would expropriate abandoned properties or tamper with deeds, a network of activists and lawyers try to preserve Syria's official document.
- Assad regime passes a series of laws that rights defenders fear may unfairly dispossess Syrians from their properties.
- “I hope that we can find the strength to find a better way forward together," she said
- This was Jolie’s third visit to the camp as UNHCR special envoy
- Judge Karen O’Connor stressed that Drumm was not being jailed for “the financial crisis,” instead “only for the two specific offenses for which he has been convicted.”
- Anglo Irish Bank required a huge state bailout and was nationalized in 2009, contributing to an economic crisis in Ireland that later forced Dublin to seek an €85-billion-international rescue.
- Broadcast of political messages in coverage forbidden, analyst confirms.
- Saudi football federation urges FIFA to sanction the Doha-owned channel.