- UN draft report: 'Assad Government forces and/or affiliated militias continued to use chemical weapons in densely populated civilian areas'.
- The dead showed 'an array of symptoms consistent with exposure to a choking agent'.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel: Iran’s aggressive tendencies must not only be discussed, but rather we need solutions urgently.
- Germany remained party to the Iran nuclear deal, which lifted sanctions on Tehran in exchange for curbing its atomic program, after US President Donald Trump withdrew from it in May.
- A fan named Yousif, who watched the match at the General Sports Authority viewing tent, was happy that the game at least was close this time.
- Saudi Arabia will face off against Egypt, who also lost their opening two group A games against Uruguay and Russia, on June 25.
- India and Pakistan could live together in peace and harmony 'if the Kashmir problem is solved amicably,' says Pakistan's top nuclear scientist
- The safety and security system put in place by Pakistan’s Strategic Plans Division is 'failsafe'
- 38th-minute penalty was set up after Denmark forward Yussuf Poulsen was penalized for a handball
- Going into the tournament, world No. 36 Australia were the lowest-ranked team in Group C with the others all in the top 12