- Iran has suggested in recent weeks that it could take military action in the Gulf to block other countries’ oil exports
- Tensions have ramped up between Iran and the US after Trump withdrew from a landmark multilateral nuclear deal in May
- Senior leaders from the CSC expressed their joy on the 88th anniversary of the national day, which they said is a great milestone in the history of the Kingdom.
- Dr. Sami Al-Obaidy, chairman of the CSC, said that the occasion is a time to remember the great sacrifices made for the nation and the people for the sake of the unity and progress of the Kingdom.
- Saturday’s ruling by the Court of Cessation dashed any hope that Gamal Mubarak could run for public office.
- Mubarak’s two sons are currently on trial for insider trading.
- Indian political parties have been gunning for Modi over the 2016 purchase of 36 Rafale planes from Dassault Aviation estimated to be worth $8.7 billion, saying he had overpaid for the planes and had not been transparent.
- Political analysts say that the BJP is “losing in the perception war.”
- Many of the UAE’s larger banks have posted substantial increases in profits, a trend most analysts forecast to continue for at least the next year.
- Al-Ghurair says the country’s financial institutions are now far more able to weather any deterioration in assets due to the UAE’s more diversified economy.
- Mohamed Salah's record-breaking season has focused attention on the Premier League's Muslim players and fans.
- Past three players to win Player of the Year have all been Muslim.
- Section to provide news, opinion and analysis on country’s transformation
- Newspaper’s National Day coverage looks ahead to Kingdom’s high-tech future