- US President Donald Trump pulled the US out of a 2015 nuclear accord with Iran, saying that the deal did not stop Iran from pursuing its nuclear ambitions and missile program.
- Iran has struggled to achieve financial benefits from the deal, partly because remaining unilateral US sanctions over its missile program deterred major Western investors from doing business with Tehran.
- Mariam Hamidaddin was one of 11 women from Europe and the Middle East taking part in the recent Women’s Euro-Arabian Polar Expedition, an initiative aimed to foster greater dialogue and inspire women to push their limits and fulfill their ambitions.
- Two weeks later and Hamidaddin still could not feel her fingertips. She struggles to cut a steak and needs help to tie her shoelaces. Medics say it could be months or even years before she fully recovers.
- Kim Jong Un has threatened to pull out of the talks with the US after calls for a unilateral nuclear abandonment
- North Korea also canceled at the last minute a high-level meeting with the South, protesting joint military drills between Seoul and Washington
- In 1996, when the United States tried to penalize foreign companies trading with Cuba, the EU forced Washington to back down by threatening retaliatory sanctions
- There were 5.2 million tweets that included the hashtag #RoyalWedding
- Saudi Arabia play Italy on May 28
- Balotelli set to play for the Azzurri for the first time in four years