- Cyclone Mekunu hit the Yemeni island of Socotra Wednesday night, causing severe flooding and damage to houses
- Six boats lost, at least 11 people missing as cyclone Mekunu heads towards Oman
- The blast went off in the Bombay Bhel restaurant where 15 people were taken to hospital, three of them with critical injuries
- The two male suspects went into the restaurant and detonated their improvised explosive device, Peel Regional Police said
- Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih: “We are ready, the company (Saudi Aramco) essentially has ticked all the boxes. We’re simply waiting for a market readiness for the IPO.”
- Khalid Al-Falih: “Most likely it will be in 2019 but we will not know until the announcement has been made. All I could say is stay tuned.”
- An Algerian blogger arrested last year over social media posts has been sentenced to 10 years in prison on espionage and other charges
- Charges against the blogger, Merzoug Touati, included “incitement for taking up arms against the state”
- Brilliant batsman's retirement from international cricket leaves the game all the poorer without one of its true stars.
- Treadmill of international games leaves players with little room to breathe.