- UN Special Envoy for Yemen Martin Griffiths is trying to negotiate an end to the three-year conflict in Yemen
- The conflict has killed more than 10,000 people and pushed Yemen to the verge of starvation
- Khan received 176 votes in the 342-seat National Assembly; Shehbaz Sharif of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PMLN), garnered 96 votes
- Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) party swept to power in the July 25 election
- The most important day for pilgrims will be Aug. 20, the 9th day of Dul Hijjah on the Islamic calendar, when they will gather on the plains of Arafat
- ‘Seeing the Holy Kaaba for the first time is a profound and moving experience’
- United States, which leads the anti-Daesh coalition, expressed its thanks for the funds
- The money will help ensure the militants cannot re-emerge as a threat
- The collapse of the Morandi bridge, a decades-old viaduct that crumbled in a storm on Tuesday killing at least 38 people, has stunned and angered the country
- According to La Stampa newspaper, the families of 17 victims have refused to take part in the state funeral, while a further seven have yet to decide whether they will attend
- Chinese exports to US fall
- IEA ups demand forecast
- New boss Jorge Jesus to give start to new star signing after $17 million move from Al-Ain last week.
- Al-Hilal coach keen to put on a good show in London and start season with silverware against Al-Ittihad.
- Hundreds of employees have called on the company to provide more “transparency, oversight and accountability
- Employees have asked Google to create an ethics review group with rank-and-file workers, appoint ombudspeople to provide independent review and internally publish assessments of projects