- The investigators slammed the widespread use of sieges throughout Syria’s seven-year conflict, which has killed more than 350,000 people
- The UN’s Syria commission, set up in 2011 shortly after the civil war began, has repeatedly accused the warring parties of crimes
- UAE commander confirms Hodeidah airport in Yemen is liberated
- Houthis have been accused of breaking international law by targeting civilians
- Russia’s Foreign Ministry had earlier accused the US of “gross cynicism” and “disregard” for the UN
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the US withdrawal
- Market authorities in Saudi Arabia have introduced a series of reforms in the past 18 months
- MSCI’s Emerging Market index is tracked by about $2 trillion in active and global funds
- A Luis Suaréz goal midway through the first half gave Uruguay a 1-0 win
- Pizzi had spoken passionately about the need for his side to demonstrate a higher level of focus and performance
- Broadcast of political messages in coverage forbidden, analyst confirms.
- Saudi football federation urges FIFA to sanction the Doha-owned channel.