- Cyclone Mekunu hit the Yemeni island of Socotra Wednesday night, causing severe flooding and damage to houses
- Six boats lost, at least 11 people missing as cyclone Mekunu heads towards Oman
- The blast went off in the Bombay Bhel restaurant where 15 people were taken to hospital, three of them with critical injuries
- The two male suspects went into the restaurant and detonated their improvised explosive device, Peel Regional Police said
- The Saudi Royal Air Defense Force intercepted a ballistic missile headed towards Najran
- The missile was spotted at 00:39 Saudi time and was said to be fired by the Houthi militia in Yemen
- A Syrian war-monitoring group says suspected Israeli strikes hit a military base overnight in central Syria that houses Lebanon’s militant Hezbollah
- The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that it’s not clear if there are any casualties in the strikes on the Dabaa air base in central Homs province
- Two former French spies, one of whom was reportedly posted in Beijing, have been charged with passing intelligence to a “foreign power,”
- French media reports, citing sources close to the inquiry, said China is suspected
- Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak has had talks with Saudi Energy Minister Khalid Al-Falih on an easing of the terms of the global oil supply pact that has been in place for 17 months
- The energy ministers of Saudi Arabia, Russia and the United Arab Emirates are discussing an output increase of about 1 million barrels per day
- The Rockets head into Game 6 on Saturday night in Oakland one win away from knocking off the defending champions and advancing to the NBA Finals.
- After Game 6 on Saturday, the Rockets would host Game 7 on Monday if necessary.