- UN draft report: 'Assad Government forces and/or affiliated militias continued to use chemical weapons in densely populated civilian areas'.
- The dead showed 'an array of symptoms consistent with exposure to a choking agent'.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel: Iran’s aggressive tendencies must not only be discussed, but rather we need solutions urgently.
- Germany remained party to the Iran nuclear deal, which lifted sanctions on Tehran in exchange for curbing its atomic program, after US President Donald Trump withdrew from it in May.
- The MWL also hailed the statement issued by King Salman in this regard
- On Wednesday, King Salman expressed his hope that Afghanistan would extend the truce that was announced at the end of Ramadan
- The Durand Line Agreement was signed between British India and Afghanistan in 1893
- Air Arabia admits $336 million exposure to Abraaj funds.
- Abraaj sells its Latam, Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa and Turkey Funds to Colony Capital.
- 38th-minute penalty was set up after Denmark forward Yussuf Poulsen was penalized for a handball
- Going into the tournament, world No. 36 Australia were the lowest-ranked team in Group C with the others all in the top 12