- The investigators slammed the widespread use of sieges throughout Syria’s seven-year conflict, which has killed more than 350,000 people
- The UN’s Syria commission, set up in 2011 shortly after the civil war began, has repeatedly accused the warring parties of crimes
- A fan named Yousif, who watched the match at the General Sports Authority viewing tent, was happy that the game at least was close this time.
- Saudi Arabia will face off against Egypt, who also lost their opening two group A games against Uruguay and Russia, on June 25.
- Recent appointments in Egypt are the latest example of the rise of women to high political office in the region
- “The men’s monopoly has been broken,” the Jordanian National Commission for Women declared in a celebratory statement which also praised the prime minister’s “clear position”
- Asylum seekers contributed most to a country’s gross domestic product after three to seven years, the research found
- The findings come amid a rise of anti-immigrant sentiment across Europe, where immigration peaked in 2015 with the arrival of more than a million refugees and migrants from the Middle East and Africa
- Market authorities in Saudi Arabia have introduced a series of reforms in the past 18 months
- MSCI’s Emerging Market index is tracked by about $2 trillion in active and global funds
- A Luis Suaréz goal midway through the first half gave Uruguay a 1-0 win
- Pizzi had spoken passionately about the need for his side to demonstrate a higher level of focus and performance
- Broadcast of political messages in coverage forbidden, analyst confirms.
- Saudi football federation urges FIFA to sanction the Doha-owned channel.