- Iran, OPEC’s third-largest producer, has so far been the main barrier to a deal as it called on OPEC to reject pressure from US President Donald Trump to pump more oil
- OPEC and its allies have since last year been participating in a pact to cut output by 1.8 million bpd
- Hopes of a breakthrough toward ending South Sudan’s civil war had been raised this week by Ethiopia’s brokering of the first face-to-face meeting between Machar and President Salva Kiir
- British Transport Police said they arrested a 38-year-old man under the Mental Health Act after he was found on the tracks claiming to have a bomb.
- Both the London Underground and rail stations at Charing Cross were evacuated as police responded to the incident, which was reported at 6:35 a.m. (0535 GMT) Friday.
- After Iraqi forces drove the militants from Mosul, One FM was launched and Mosul FM started broadcasting from the nearby region of Dohuk
- On the streets of Mosul, the radio shows bring a distraction from the struggles of life in the war-scarred city