- Russia has offered to repatriate the Syrians by the end of 2018 but Jordan does not want to force displaced Syrians to return to their homeland
- Jordan would benefit from reopening its border with Syria, but also carried risks of terrorists enter the country with fake IDs
- There had been warnings from UN chief Antonio Guterres and others that the schools might not be able to open due to funding shortages
- Last month, UNRWA announced it was cutting more than 250 jobs in the Palestinian territories due to the funding crisis
- Guests laud King Salman’s efforts to unify ranks
- Tatarstan’s Grand Mufti Sheikh Kamil Ismailov hailed the Kingdom’s efforts to ensure pilgrims’ comfort and safety
- New US sanctions against Iran took effect last week and several European companies have suspended plans to invest in Iran in light of the US sanctions
- More than 10,000 kilometers of roads and hundreds of homes have been destroyed or damaged across the state
- A heavy rainfall “red-alert” has been issued across much of the state, which is home to around 33 million people
- Continental festival of sport to officially start tomorrow in Jakarta.
- Saudi Arabia handball team face hosts Indonesia today.