- The new hikes will save up to $2.8 billion from funds allocated for state subsidies in the country’s 2018-19 budget
- Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi declared that Egypt’s spending to cover fuel, food and electricity is $18.6 billion a year and he plans to slash these figures
- Over 460,000 people applied for asylum in Europe in 2013. More than 660,000 did so in 2014
- Merkel now faces the challenge of persuading EU governments to sign up to a common plan on the migrants
- Tariffs proposed for crude oil, coal and other energy projects.
- China is the largest Asian customer for US crude.
- Harry Kane came to the rescue with two goals, the second a dramatic injury-time winner
- England had started brightly in a blur of passing and movement and could have been two goals up inside the first four minutes
- The federation called on FIFA in its complaint to take severe sanctions against the Qatari channel and to abolish the rights granted to the network.
- Some of the biggest names in Arab sport have signed a petition to protest against the “politicization” of World Cup coverage by the Qatar-owned broadcaster.