- A week after being freed from prison, Malaysia’s former deputy leader has caused a stir by making a pact with his political arch-rival. In an exclusive interview with Arab News, he reveals why
- Mahathir has hinted to reporters that his primeministership could end within one or two years to make way for Anwar to take over the leadership.
- Alexander Lavrentiev relayed Putin’s congratulations to Assad on the capital’s recapture.
- Russia has backed Syria’s government for several decades but intervened militarily in its war in 2015.
- Ukraine has been locked in a years-long struggle with Russia-backed separatists in the country’s east and has repeatedly been hit by cyberattacks of escalating severity. Last year witnessed the eruption of the NotPetya worm, which crippled critical system
- Network technology company Cisco Systems and antivirus company Symantec have warned that a half-million Internet-connected routers had been compromised in a possible effort to lay the groundwork for a cyber-sabotage operation against targets in Ukraine.
- The Egyptian ace has been the key man in Liverpool’s march to Saturday’s showdown in Kiev against Real Madrid
- “Every match is different, this is my first Champions League final so I am very excited. It is of course a very important game”