- The University of Tehran's seismology centre said the epicentre of the earthquake was in the sparsely populated Kaki region, around 80 kilometres from the Bushehr plant
- Bushehr has a 1,000 megawatt reactor built by Russia that became operational in 2011 and reached full capacity the following year
- Iraqi F-16 warplanes crossed into Syria to carry out the strikes after coordination with the Syrian regime.
- Iraq currently has good relations with Iran and Russia, while also enjoying strong support from the US-led coalition.
- Saudi Arabia plans to open nearly 350 cinemas, with more than 2,500 screens, by 2030
- Movie theaters are expected to contribute more than $24 billion to the Saudi economy and create more than 30,000 jobs by 2030
- Iran arrested a senior official after a video posted online showed young boys and girls dancing in public in the northeastern holy city of Mashhad
- The video shared on social networks showed young boys and girls dancing in a shopping mall, where a singer was performing for a huge crowd
- Libya’s oil sector collapsed in the wake of the 2011 NATO-backed uprising that toppled longtime dictator Muammar Qaddafi.
- The recovery of oil production and exports is key to restoring Libya’s economy.
- Modi believes that if that $12 million cap is relaxed, leading IPL players could earn as much as English Premier League footballers and even NFL stars
- London-based Modi forecast the end of country versus country contests, which effectively finance professional cricket structures all round the world and the demise of the International Cricket Council, the sport’s global governing body