- UN draft report: 'Assad Government forces and/or affiliated militias continued to use chemical weapons in densely populated civilian areas'.
- The dead showed 'an array of symptoms consistent with exposure to a choking agent'.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel: Iran’s aggressive tendencies must not only be discussed, but rather we need solutions urgently.
- Germany remained party to the Iran nuclear deal, which lifted sanctions on Tehran in exchange for curbing its atomic program, after US President Donald Trump withdrew from it in May.
- A fan named Yousif, who watched the match at the General Sports Authority viewing tent, was happy that the game at least was close this time.
- Saudi Arabia will face off against Egypt, who also lost their opening two group A games against Uruguay and Russia, on June 25.
- Italian Interior Minister Matteo Salvini: “You have intentionally not listened to Italian or Libyan authorities. Good. Then take this load of human beings to the Netherlands.”
- Dutch Foreign Ministry spokesman Lennart Wegewijs: “They have a Dutch flag, but they are not registered in the Netherlands, and therefore are not under Dutch state flag responsibility.”
- Expo 2020 expected to boost GDP
- Relaxation of residency rules helps real estate
- 38th-minute penalty was set up after Denmark forward Yussuf Poulsen was penalized for a handball
- Going into the tournament, world No. 36 Australia were the lowest-ranked team in Group C with the others all in the top 12