- The auto industry has an estimated 9 million potential new customers in the Saudi female population
- The market has been overwhelmingly lopsided in favor of larger cars, says dealer
- Private insurance company Najm, in partnership with the General Department of Traffic, has hired 40 women and provided them with training to respond to road accidents involving female drivers.
- Inspector Mada Hassan Hamza was was enthusiastic about her new role and said she hoped to make a valuable contribution.
- Hundreds of Palestinians demonstrated Saturday in the occupied West Bank to demand the Palestinian Authority lift punitive measures against the Hamas-run Gaza Strip.
- Demonstrators in Ramallah chanted “scrap the sanctions!” during protests against the Palestinian Authority.
- At least 60 NGOS in four networks are working on a memorandum asking the state to protect activists
- More recently it brought in the death penalty for those who rape children under the age of 12 following a national outcry over the gang rape
- Tens of thousands of Egyptians have set social media alight with tweets on opposing hashtags, one calling on President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi to resign and another praising his leadership
- Frustration deepened last week after Egypt’s national soccer team, competing in the World Cup for the first time since 1990, failed to advance after only two matches