- Fearing Syria’s regime would expropriate abandoned properties or tamper with deeds, a network of activists and lawyers try to preserve Syria's official document.
- Assad regime passes a series of laws that rights defenders fear may unfairly dispossess Syrians from their properties.
- More than 5.6 million people have fled Syria since civil war broke out in 2011 after the government launched a brutal crackdown on protesters during the Arab Spring. As the country descended into chaos, asylum-seekers poured into neighboring countries or
- In 2016, 38 European countries received 1.216 million new asylum applications, most of which — 332,665 — were Syrians, according to the UN refugee agency UNHCR.
- SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son to step up company's "unicorn hunting" investment strategy
- Saudi Arabia's PIF has contributed $45 billion to SoftBank's Vision Fund
- Luis Suarez wins Group A clash with goal after 23 minutes
- Green Falcons go toe-to-toe with South Americans, but looked a bit toothless in attack
- Broadcast of political messages in coverage forbidden, analyst confirms.
- Saudi football federation urges FIFA to sanction the Doha-owned channel.