- Al-Khatib was appointed as chairman of the Saudi General Entertainment Authority in 2016
- The report did not elaborate on why Khatib was dismissed or who would be replacing him
- Of the total arrested, 931,069 were violators of residential regulations, 218,897 for flouting labor laws and 102,000 tried to gain entry into the Kingdom illegally.
- The crackdown started on November 16 last year and ended on June 14.
- Donald Trump asked the US Trade Representative to target $200 billion worth of imports for a 10 percent levy, citing China’s ‘unacceptable’ move to raise its own tariffs.
- China had offered to ramp up purchases of American goods by $70 billion to help cut its yawning trade surplus with the United States, whereas Trump had demanded a $200 billion deficit cut
- Harry Kane came to the rescue with two goals, the second a dramatic injury-time winner
- England had started brightly in a blur of passing and movement and could have been two goals up inside the first four minutes
- The federation called on FIFA in its complaint to take severe sanctions against the Qatari channel and to abolish the rights granted to the network.
- Some of the biggest names in Arab sport have signed a petition to protest against the “politicization” of World Cup coverage by the Qatar-owned broadcaster.