- Cyclone Mekunu hit the Yemeni island of Socotra Wednesday night, causing severe flooding and damage to houses
- Six boats lost, at least 11 people missing as cyclone Mekunu heads towards Oman
- The blast went off in the Bombay Bhel restaurant where 15 people were taken to hospital, three of them with critical injuries
- The two male suspects went into the restaurant and detonated their improvised explosive device, Peel Regional Police said
- The Saudi Royal Air Defense Force intercepted a ballistic missile headed towards Najran
- The missile was spotted at 00:39 Saudi time and was said to be fired by the Houthi militia in Yemen
- The nations that remain in the Iran nuclear deal will meet for the first time since US President Donald Trump left the pact
- The UN atomic watchdog policing the nuclear accord said on Thursday that Iran is still complying with the terms of the deal despite the US withdrawal
- Two former French spies, one of whom was reportedly posted in Beijing, have been charged with passing intelligence to a “foreign power,”
- French media reports, citing sources close to the inquiry, said China is suspected
- Traders had already been nervous in recent days after the US president warned he could pull out of the June 12 meeting with the North Korean leader, while also voicing his displeasure at a deal to avert a trade war with China.
- In a letter released by the White House, Trump told Kim he was canceling the summit because of North Korea’s “anger” and “hostility.”
- The Rockets head into Game 6 on Saturday night in Oakland one win away from knocking off the defending champions and advancing to the NBA Finals.
- After Game 6 on Saturday, the Rockets would host Game 7 on Monday if necessary.