- Saudi Arabia’s air defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militia targeting Jazan early Monday morning
- This is not the first incident where the Houthis have targeted civilian areas in Saudi Arabia
- The have so far been 27 deaths in this latest outbreak of the killer disease
- There are plans to distribute a vaccine which is due to have started Monday
- Syria's army is in complete control of the capital and its outskirts for the first time since 2012, after ousting Daesh from a last pocket of resistance
- A small Daesh holdout remains in the south of the capital Damascus
- Zimbabwe has applied to rejoin the Commonwealth, marking a major step in its international re-engagement after Robert Mugabe was ousted last year.
- Britain said last month that it would strongly support Zimbabwe returning to the Commonwealth.