- Cyclone Mekunu hit the Yemeni island of Socotra Wednesday night, causing severe flooding and damage to houses
- Six boats lost, at least 11 people missing as cyclone Mekunu heads towards Oman
- The blast went off in the Bombay Bhel restaurant where 15 people were taken to hospital, three of them with critical injuries
- The two male suspects went into the restaurant and detonated their improvised explosive device, Peel Regional Police said
- Seven months after allegations of sexual misconduct destroyed his career and catalyzed the #MeToo movement, the once-powerhouse movie producer turned himself in to face charges.
- Manhattan Assistant Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon: “This defendant used his position, money and power to lure young women into situations where he was able to violate them sexually.”
- An Algerian blogger arrested last year over social media posts has been sentenced to 10 years in prison on espionage and other charges
- Charges against the blogger, Merzoug Touati, included “incitement for taking up arms against the state”
- The Rockets head into Game 6 on Saturday night in Oakland one win away from knocking off the defending champions and advancing to the NBA Finals.
- After Game 6 on Saturday, the Rockets would host Game 7 on Monday if necessary.