- The military said it has placed explosives in the tunnel as part of an open-ended operation to identify and destroy the cross-border passageways
- Israel has called on the international community to impose new sanctions on the Iranian-backed Hezbollah
- Daesh lost nearly all the territory it once held in Syria last year in separate offensives by the US-backed SDF on the one hand, and the Russian-backed Syrian army on the other
- Copies of the Qur’an in Braille along with other religious booklets are available, as are on-site specialists to help pilgrims during prayer times and guide them through the mosque sites
- More than a year after Daesh lost control of Mosul, the iconic mosque still lies in ruins
- In June 2014, it became infamous as the site where Baghdadi declared Daeh’s “caliphate” just days after the extremists seized Mosul in a lightning assault
- Many of the protesters have targeted Macron personally, calling on him to resign
- Until last week, a clear majority of French people had backed the protests, which sprung up initially over high taxes
- The city of Thoothukudi had been rocked by long-running protests over the plant
- Protesters say it harms the environment and the health of those living near it, claims the company has long denied
- Nathan Lyon bullish about the Baggy Greens chances of levelling the series.
- Another Virat Kohli masterclass not enough to get India on level terms with hosts after the first innings.
- Confidencial’s front door was sealed with tape following the raid. Police seized work equipment and documents