- Muslim World League to counter sectarianism with interfaith summit in Beirut
- Mohammed bin Abdulkarim Al-Issa said the interfaith summit had particular relevance because of the pernicious influence of Iran in the region
- About 400 guests, including envoys in Seoul, politicians and businessmen, attended the ceremony.
- Among the high-profile South Korean guests were Minister Park Neung-hoo of the Health and Welfare Ministry; Sohn Hak-kyu, leader of the minority opposition Bareunmirae Party; and Rep. Sul Hoon, a lawmaker of the ruling Democratic Party.
- Fifteen Russian crew were killed when the IL-20 surveillance plane crashed near Latakia in northern Syria on Monday
- Russia has said Syria shot the plane down shortly after Israeli jets hit the area
- The former French investment banker’s trades cost his employer Société Générale €4.9 billion
- Kerviel has fought a 10-year legal battle against his former employer, alleging that his superiors were aware of his trading
- It charges that job ads on Facebook targeted male users only
- Facebook lets advertisers target ads on the basis of gender and age, which is against the law in America