- British foreign secretary Boris Johnson criticized the council’s controversial Agenda Item 7, a permanent fixture on the schedule exclusively devoted to discussing rights abuses in the Palestinian Territories.
- Johnson noted however that the council had an important role to play in “the Israeli-Palestinian conflict under the right agenda item.”
- In their letter to Netanyahu, the Christian leaders slammed the “scandalous bill,” accusing its backers of an “unprecedented attack against the Christians of the Land.”
- Large swathes of Jerusalem are owned by various churches, which in many cases reached long-term leasing agreements with the state.
- Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan lost its chief Mullah Fazlullah along with four guards last week when a US drone fired on his vehicle after he attended an 'iftar' party
- Members of the TTP "shoura" have been involved in consultations since the death of Fazlullah to name a new commander
- Tariffs proposed for crude oil, coal and other energy projects.
- China is the largest Asian customer for US crude.