Dhahran construction show attracts over 120 exhibitors

Updated 29 March 2015
0

Dhahran construction show attracts over 120 exhibitors

More than 120 local and international companies are showcasing their expertise in building, construction and heavy equipment at BUILDEX 2015.
BUILDEX 2015 — the 17th edition of the Saudi international building and construction exhibition — is being held with the participation of more than 120 local and international exhibitors offering their most distinctive expertise in building, construction, and heavy equipment to contribute to added value for the local market.
The four-day exhibition, organized by the Dhahran International Exhibitions Center, coincides with Heavy Equipment Exhibition at the end of March at the company's headquarter on Dammam-Alkhobar coastal road.
The event has the support of Fahad Al-Jubair, mayor of the Eastern Province, whose patronage has favorably impacted the development work and strengthened the mechanism of communication between the Eastern Province (EP) Municipality and the public in general and the business sector in particular.
The exhibition features the latest innovations in various industries, including construction materials and equipment like ceramic tiles and sanitary, flooring, paints, and finishing materials, engineering and steel techniques, security systems, security and audio systems.
This year’s exhibition is characterized by the international participation from Germany, Italy, China, India, Turkey, Greece, the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar and Egypt.
The company said it has allocated 7,200 sqm indoor space and 18,000 sqm outdoor space to showcase construction equipment and machinery, such as heavy equipment, cranes, tractors and bulldozers, lifting and handling equipment.
The Buildex 2015 is stated to be a platform for contractors and entrepreneurs to show their projects to potential global markets.
"The EP provides the ideal location for BUILDEX as it is a key part of the boom in the construction sector, with the figures for Saudi Arabia clearly reflecting huge market potential," the organizers stated.


US intelligence says Huawei funded by Chinese state security: report

Updated 20 April 2019
0

US intelligence says Huawei funded by Chinese state security: report

  • The accusation comes at a time of trade tensions between Washington and Beijing
  • Huawei dismissed the allegations

US intelligence has accused Huawei Technologies of being funded by Chinese state security, The Times said on Saturday, adding to the list of allegations faced by the Chinese technology company in the West.
The CIA accused Huawei of receiving funding from China’s National Security Commission, the People’s Liberation Army and a third branch of the Chinese state intelligence network, the British newspaper reported, citing a source.
Earlier this year, US intelligence shared its claims with other members of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing group, which includes Britain, Australia, Canada and New Zealand, according to the report.
Huawei dismissed the allegations in a statement cited by the newspaper.
“Huawei does not comment on unsubstantiated allegations backed up by zero evidence from anonymous sources,” a Huawei representative told The Times.
The company, the CIA and Chinese state security agencies did not respond immediately to requests for comment.
The accusation comes at a time of trade tensions between Washington and Beijing and amid concerns in the United States that Huawei’s equipment could be used for espionage. The company has said the concerns are unfounded.
Authorities in the United States are probing Huawei for alleged sanctions violations.
Meng Wanzhou, Huawei’s chief financial officer and daughter of its founder, Ren Zhengfei, was arrested in Canada in December at the request of the United States on charges of bank and wire fraud in violation of US sanctions against Iran.
She denies wrongdoing and her father has previously said the arrest was “politically motivated.”
Amid such charges, top educational institutions in the West have recently severed ties with Huawei to avoid losing federal funding.
Another Chinese technology company, ZTE Corp. , has also been at the center of similar controversies in the United States.
US sanctions forced ZTE to stop most business between April and July last year after Commerce Department officials said it broke a pact and was caught illegally shipping US-origin goods to Iran and North Korea. The sanctions were lifted after ZTE paid $1.4 billion in penalties.
Reuters reported earlier this week that the United States will push its allies at a meeting in Prague next month to adopt shared security and policy measures that will make it more difficult for Huawei to dominate 5G telecommunications networks.