DUBAI: Saudi Arabia’s air defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militia targeting Jazan early Monday morning, Saudi state-news agency SPA reported.
The Arab coalition’s spokesperson, Col. Turki Al-Maliki, said no civilians were reported injured by the rocket fragments scattered across residential areas.
This is not the first incident where the Houthis have targeted civilian areas in Saudi Arabia, last week the air defense forces intercepted another missile aiming at Jazan
“Such hostile and random acts carried out by the Houthi militia prove the continued involvement of the Iranian regime in the Yemeni war,” Al-Maliki said at the time.
“Iran has been, and still is, supporting the armed militia by providing them with qualitative capabilities. This support comes as a clear and explicit defiance of UN Resolutions 2216 and 2231 in order to threaten the Kingdom and regional and global security,” he added.