Hundreds of Egyptian overstayers request repatriation

Updated 08 November 2012
0

Hundreds of Egyptian overstayers request repatriation

Hundreds of Egyptian overstayers, men and women, continue to gather in front of the Egyptian Consulate in Jeddah, on Tuesday, demanding a facilitated and speedier repatriation back to their home country. The Egyptian overstayers, had entered the Kingdom on an Umrah visa, and then violated the permitted duration of their visas, in order to perform Haj. Now that they have performed Haj, these men and women, are requesting the help of their consulate, to return back to their country without facing any penalties.
Most of the overstayers hail from rural areas in Egypt, and have previously violated their short-term visas, to stay in the Kingdom till Haj season.
Due to strict measures taken by the Egyptian authorities, this phenomenon has drastically been reduced, in comparison to previous years. However, unfortunately, there are still some Egyptians nationals that opt for this fraudulent practice, and find themselves in a difficult situation.
The overstayers have taken over yards of land, opposite the consulate, making it increasingly difficult for residents who live close by, to move and park their cars freely.
An additional security personnel has been deployed at the Egyptian Consulate as a precautionary measure.


Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

Updated 20 April 2018
0

Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

  • Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis
  • The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia

Saudi air defense forces managed to intercept a ballistic missile fired by Houthi militias from Yemen headed in the direction of Saudi Arabia’s border province of Jazan on Friday.

Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis.

Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the coalition's spokesman, said the missile was monitored by the Saudi Air Force to have been launched from Yemen's Amran province at 10:16 p.m. Monday toward populated areas in the southern Saudi province of Najran.

The missile was intercepted before it could hit its target, Al-Maliki said.

The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia using what it said were Iran-supplied drones.

So far, the Houthis have launched over 100 missiles at Saudi cities and installations.