Inter claim ‘first refusal’ on Balotelli



AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE

Published — Saturday 12 January 2013

Last update 11 January 2013 7:39 pm

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

ROME: Milan have confirmed they could exercise their right of “first refusal” on Mario Balotelli if the troubled Manchester City striker is put on the market.
The report by Panorama.it, citing Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio, comes the same day City are reported to have agreed to let Balotelli go if they are offered 30 million euros (£25 million) for the Italian international.
Inter have slipped to nine points behind champions Juventus in Italy’s Serie A but will look to get their title bid back on track at home against Pescara on Saturday.
Ausilio, meanwhile, appears to have given embattled fans of the Nerazzurri hope for the second half of the campaign. He said Inter included a ‘first right of refusal clause’ in Balotelli’s contract when they sold him to City in 2007.
“If Inter decide to exercise it, then that choice will be made when and if City decide to sell,” Ausilio said.
Asked how Balotelli would fit into the side, he added: “Technically, Balotelli can fit alongside any striker.” Balotelli’s future at City has been under a cloud for some time. Known for his off-field antics, he has a troubled relationship with manager Roberto Mancini.
Balotelli and Mancini reportedly had a training ground bust-up last week, and although the City manager played it down, the latest reports from England suggest City could be tempted to sell if the price is right.
Although Balotelli is a confirmed AC Milan fan, his chances of heading to the red and black side of the San Siro appear slim after club owner Silvio Berlusconi labelled him a “bad apple” in midweek.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

JEDDAH: Jeddah police have closed all entry points into Makkah to prevent undocumented pilgrims from entering the holy city during this year’s Haj, in a bid to prevent overcrowding that could lead to health and safety problems.Officials have taken ac...
JEDDAH: The Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution recently charged three young men in the harassment case at the Jeddah corniche. A number of young men were arrested for harassing two Saudi girls at the corniche a day after Eid Al-Fitr.A vi...
JEDDAH: A total of 232 people injured in Sunday’s Aramco compound fire in Alkhobar have been discharged from hospitals here, the Eastern Province Health Department announced on Tuesday.Fifty-seven are still receiving treatment at four hospitals, with...
RIYADH: The Directorate of Education in Riyadh is keeping a close watch on schools, such as sanctioning health material and monitoring the health of staff and students, to prevent the spread of the MERS coronavirus among students. As a step in this...
RIYADH: The Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs has announced new legislation for the Dec. 12 elections, including fines and imprisonment for failure to disclose candidate financing, obstructing procedures or officials, and fraudulent activity.Vi...
JEDDAH: The low turnout of Saudis registering for the municipal elections is likely caused by the poor performance of previous councils, lack of a voting culture, inadequate understanding of the duties of councils, and the timing of the elections wit...

Stay Connected

Facebook