Iran denies role in bus bombing in Bulgaria



Published — Friday 8 February 2013

Last update 8 February 2013 9:41 pm

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

SOFIA, Bulgaria: Iran’s ambassador to Bulgaria has vehemently rejected allegations that his country was involved in a bus bombing that killed five Israeli tourists in Bulgaria last year.
Gholamreza Bageri told reporters in Sofia yesterday that Iran “has nothing to do with this attack.” He says Iran is “against any form of terrorism and strongly condemns such actions.”
On Tuesday, an official Bulgarian report said investigators had “well-grounded reasons to suggest” that two men suspected in the attack belonged to the militant wing of the Shiite Islamist group Hezbollah.
Iran is said to be a backer of Hezbollah, and Israel has alleged Iran was involved in the bombing. But Bulgarian investigators said they have found no evidence tying Iran to the July 18, 2012, attack.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

JEDDAH: Labor Minister Mufrej Al-Haqabani has launched a series of electronic projects and facilities provided to the private sector companies, the SPA reported on Sunday.The projects and facilities include electronic visa issuance for the distinguis...
RIYADH: A high-powered team of officials from the Ministry of Health visited the hospitals in Jazan in the southern border to ensure services are in place to serve the patients in the region.The group of officials, comprising Dr. Nahar Al-Azmi, Dr. T...
YANBU: Like many Saudi women, Amani dreamt of becoming a mother, but was unable to have children of her own after many years of marriage. Therefore, she decided to spend her time taking care of orphans with special circumstances in Makkah.However, th...
RIYADH: A total of 43 warehouses were shut down in Jeddah for failing to take safety and health measures.Officials of the general department of Civil Defense in Jeddah carried out inspection at 165 industrial complexes in the industrial zone recently...
JEDDAH: A quarrel between two girls at the Al-Zahour Orphanage in Makkah took a violent turn recently, with one of them reportedly using a sharp instrument to attack the other and injuring her.The attacker was sent to a correction center, while the i...
RIYADH: A woman and three men died on Sunday after contracting the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Riyadh, bringing the total number of deaths to 507 since June, 2012.According to the latest report issued by the Ministry of...

Stay Connected

Facebook