MOH shuts down 9 private health facilities in Riyadh

Updated 21 November 2012
0

MOH shuts down 9 private health facilities in Riyadh

The Ministry of Heath shut down nine private health facilities in Riyadh yesterday. The five medical complexes, two polyclinics and two optical clinics were found to be in violation of ministry regulations.
Operations at the facilities will be suspended until they meet ministry standards.
Health Minister, Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, ordered the move as part of a crackdown on health facilities that fail to meet ministry standards.
A ministry spokesperson said the suspension orders were served on facilities for violation of medical permits and failure to renew medical licenses.
He said the action clearly shows the ministry’s concern for the safety of citizens and residents. He warned negligence on the part of health providers will not be tolerated and action will be taken by the ministry against those in violation.
Ministry inspectors had visited health facilities around the capital and orders to shut down were issued based on their findings. The spokesperson said the closures are temporary and dependent on follow up by the medical facilities in question.
On Sunday, the health minister ordered a hospital closed following the death of the eight-year-old son of Sheikh Yusuf Jameel, due to a fatal medical error during surgery. The recommendation was supported by a medical committee of intensive care consultants, surgeons and anesthetists, who studied the case after a complaint by his distraught parents.
In the last year, the Ministry of Health has closed 30 medical facilities, 15 polyclinics, 29 pharmacies, 27 optical clinics and five physiotherapy centers in violation of ministry regulations. During the same period, the ministry fined violators SR 3.75 million, including SR 1.98 million from pharmacies.


KSRelief 45-vehicle aid convoy heads to Hodeidah

KSRelief General Supervisor Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah speaks to media in Riyadh on Wednesday. (SPA)
Updated 20 June 2018
0

KSRelief 45-vehicle aid convoy heads to Hodeidah

  • Al-Rabeeah said KSRelief had carried out a total of 262 aid projects in all governorates of Yemen
  • Al-Rabeeah called on international humanitarian organizations to provide relief assistance to the people of Yemen.

RIYADH: A 45-vehicle aid convoy carrying 924 tons of foodstuffs, medical and housing supplies left Saudi Arabia for the Yemeni province of Hodeidah on Wednesday.

Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, KSRelief general supervisor, said that 18 of the trucks were sent from Sharurah, 15 from Jazan and 12 from Riyadh.

The convoy included 595 tons of food baskets, 186 tons of dates, 95 tons of medicines, and 48 ​​tons of shelter materials, tents, rugs and blankets for the residents of the province of Hodeidah.

Al-Rabeeah said KSRelief had carried out a total of 262 aid projects in all governorates of Yemen.

He called on international humanitarian organizations to provide relief assistance to the people of Yemen.

The Arab coalition has secured all Yemeni crossings for humanitarian aid to alleviate Yemeni people’s suffering caused by violations committed by the Iran-backed Houthi militias, who have been looting humanitarian aid to Yemen, Al-Rabeeah said.

 “We have been always by the side of Yemeni civilians. Our prime goal is to alleviate the humanitarian situation in Yemen in general and Hodeidah in particular. We will use all transportation means, land, air or seaports, to help our brothers and sisters in Hodeidah,” he added. 

“We are welcoming coordination with the international humanitarian organizations to have a joint effort that will definitely pour into the civilians in Hodeidah to reduce the humanitarian crisis there as the coalition has expressed its full readiness to protect the aid and facilitate the means to reach different destinations,” Al-Rabeeah said.

Abdulsalam Babood, senior official to the Yemeni government and a member of Yemeni Relief Committee, said: “On behalf of my country and the Yemeni people, I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to King Salman and the crown prince for their unmatched generosity and unwavering support to the Yemeni civilians in terms of medical supplies and food and other needed items for survival.

“Hodeidah has been suffering from the humanitarian crisis over the past three years due to the full control imposed by the Houthi militants on them. Starvation and the big shortage in medical supplies and medications and huge environmental issues are the main struggles of the people there. International reports estimate that 61 percent of people in Hodeidah are in urgent need of essential supplies. We then put a plan to cope with this humanitarian crisis.”