Crown Prince receives Chief of Staff and Commander of Air Forces

Updated 12 May 2013
0

Crown Prince receives Chief of Staff and Commander of Air Forces

Jeddah: Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Deputy Premier and Minister of Defense, received here today the Chief of General Staff, General Hussein bin Abdullah Al-Qabil, accompanied by Retired Lt. Gen. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Ayish, and Commander of Air Forces Lt. Gen. Fayyadh bin Hamed Al-Ruwaili on the occasion of the issuance of the royal order promoting him to the rank of Lt. Gen. and appointing him to the new post.
During the audience, the Crown Prince decorated Lt. Gen. Al-Ruwaili with his new rank, and congratulated him on this occasion, praying to Allah Almighty to help him to serve his religion and homeland.
The Crown Prince also thanked Retired Lt. Gen. Al-Ayish for his efforts and works during his Command of the Air Forces, praising the homeland’s citizens for their distinction in the performance of their works wholeheartedly.
The audience was attended by Prince Fahd bin Abdullah bin Mohammed, Deputy Defense Minister; Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Chief of the Court of the Crown Prince and His Special Adviser; and the Director General of the Office of Defense Minister Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman bin Saleh Al-Bunyan.

--SPA


Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

In this file photo, Saudi forces can be seen repelling a Houthi attack in Najran, near the Yemen border. (Reuters)
Updated 20 April 2018
0

Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

  • Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis
  • The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia

Saudi air defense forces managed to intercept a ballistic missile fired by Houthi militias from Yemen headed in the direction of Saudi Arabia’s border province of Jazan on Friday.

Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis.

Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the coalition's spokesman, said the missile was monitored by the Saudi Air Force to have been launched from Yemen's Amran province at 10:16 p.m. Monday toward populated areas in the southern Saudi province of Najran.

The missile was intercepted before it could hit its target, Al-Maliki said.

The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia using what it said were Iran-supplied drones.

So far, the Houthis have launched over 100 missiles at Saudi cities and installations.