Young entrepreneurs asked to contribute to country’s development

Updated 17 December 2013
0

Young entrepreneurs asked to contribute to country’s development

Riyadh Gov. Prince Khaled bin Bandar on Sunday honored a group of 30 young Saudi entrepreneurs and encouraged them to participate in constructive activities to boost the Kingdom’s development.
The honoring ceremony was organized by the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) in collaboration with Forbes Middle East magazine at the Ritz Carlton.
Prince Muhammad bin Salman, chairman of the Prince Salman Center for Youth, won the award for “Personality of the Year” aimed at supporting entrepreneurs in the Kingdom.
Prince Khaled honored the 30 young men and women entrepreneurs who excelled in the fields of logistics, fashion, contracting, food, marketing, children’s luxury goods, advertising, sports, human resources, retail, alternative energy, consultancy, environment, electronics, travel and tourism, trading, floristry, health care, education, document management, media and multimedia.
The governor also presented mementos to the young men and women entrepreneurs.
Prince Khaled said he was delighted to honor the distinguished group of young entrepreneurs from all regions of the Kingdom, who ensured a bright future for themselves through sheer hard work and dedication.
He also praised the efforts of the young people and conveyed his good wishes for the success of the entrepreneurs, and urged them to “study hard and work tirelessly because it is the first step for success in any arena.”
He also stressed the need for the young people to continue serving their nation.
Speaking on the occasion, Nasser bin Aqeel Al-Tayyar, president of Arab Publisher House and the exclusive publisher of Forbes Middle East, said: “I thank Prince Khaled for his attention and support to encourage the young people to work together in building a generation of entrepreneurs with creative ideas.”


Put pressure on Houthis to comply with Stockholm Agreement, Saudi envoy urges UN 

Updated 15 min 29 sec ago
0

Put pressure on Houthis to comply with Stockholm Agreement, Saudi envoy urges UN 

  • Prince Khalid says Houthis have repeatedly violated the agreement signed in Sweden last year
  • Despite the agreement, Houthis have launched drone attacks, shelled Saudi border towns and launched a ballistic missile towards KSA

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia’s envoy to the US urged the United Nations on Thursday to take the Houthi militia to task for “reneging on their commitments” under the Stockholm Agreement on Yemen.
“The Stockholm Agreement between Yemeni parties is being violated repeatedly by the Houthis,” Prince Khalid bin Salman said in a series of tweets.
He said the Yemeni government of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi and the Saudi-led Coalition that is backing it have been implementing their obligation under the agreement.
Signed last December in Stockholm, Sweden, the agreement is an important first step for sustainable peace and offers hope for millions of Yemenis.
“(But) it takes two sides to make it work, so far, the Iran-backed Houthi militia seems determined to uphold the misery and suffering of the brotherly Yemeni people,” Prince Khalid said.
“Not only did the Houthis refuse to implement the Stockholm agreement, which they signed to, but they also went beyond that and continued their armed assault including drone attacks, the shelling of residential neighborhoods & launching a ballistic missile towards KSA,” he tweeted.
He also pointed to the attack on Jan. 17 that targeted a UN convoy in Yemen's port city of Hodeidah, which was blamed on Houthis.
"The Iran-backed militia displayed its contempt for peace by attempting to target a UN convoy, this is a reminder that we are dealing with a lawless militia that does not care about peace or the fate of millions of Yemenis," the envoy said.
He said the UN should "name the party that failed to uphold basic confidence building measures leading up to the Stockholm agreement, and clearly identify who is responsible for the attack on the armored vehicle that was carrying chief UN monitor Patrick Cammaert."