SR20m donation by crown prince to boost disability research

Updated 11 July 2014
0

SR20m donation by crown prince to boost disability research

Charity is the foundation of our religion, said Crown Prince Salman while laying the foundation stone for the construction of an endowment complex for the Riyadh-based Prince Salman Center for Disability Research. A formal ceremony was held at Prince Salman’s palace in Jeddah on Wednesday night, which was attended by several princes and prominent citizens.
Crown Prince Salman announced a donation of SR20 million toward the endowment project which will be built in the diplomatic quarters in Riyadh.
Prince Salman thanked individuals who came forward in support of the center. “We thank Custodian of Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah for his generous support toward this cause and the Prince Salman Center in particular,” he said.
The project will span 27,330 square meters and will consist of massive multiple recreational facilities and hotel apartments. The center will have 115 large suites, 16 basement suites and another 16 suites on the ground floor.
In addition, the endowment center will also have three convention halls, a health center and other distinctive services. A larger parking facility and panoramic landscaping will be developed, said the prince. “The revenue generated from the endowment project will be spent on support activities held at the center,” he said.

The ceremony was attended by Education Minister Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, Deputy Crown Prince Muqrin, Prince Mohammed bin Fahad, National Guard Minister Prince Miteb bin Abdullah, SABIC Chairman Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Thunayan, Prince Turki bin Abdullah Al-Faisal, Jeddah Gov. Prince Mishaal bin Majed, Eastern Province Gov. Prince Saud bin Naif and Prince Faisal bin Sultan.
Also in attendance was Prince Faisal bin Abdul Majeed, Prince Faisal bin Ahmed, Prince Salman bin Sultan, Prince Naif bin Sultan, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, minister of state and chairman of the Crown Prince’s Court, Prince Mishaal bin Sultan and Prince Fawaz bin Sultan, in addition to ministers, members of the center’s board of trustees and citizens from Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah and other regions.


126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj 2018

Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims arrive at Jeddah airport. (AFP)
Updated 2 min 26 sec ago
0

126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj 2018

  • Bangladeshi pilgrims were in a good condition and everything, from accommodation to treatment, was going well

DHAKA: The last Hajj flights from Bangladesh will leave for Saudi Arabia this morning.
About 125,000 Bangladeshi pilgrims have already reached the holy city Makkah, on special flights operated by Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines
(Saudia).
The two operators will take the last batch of 1,400 pilgrims from Hazarat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, after which the Hajj flights will be closed until Aug. 27.
The Bangladesh government has made extensive efforts to cooperate with the Kingdom in arranging travel plans for pilgrims, said officials in Dhaka.
“Our Ministry of Religious Affairs is highly concerned about the well-being of the pilgrims,” Saiful Islam, director of the Hajj Office in Dhaka, told Arab News.
“About 250 Bangladesh officials, including the staff of the Bangladesh mission in Saudi Arabia, have been deployed at places that the pilgrims will visit while performing the rituals of Hajj,” he told Arab News.
Most of the staff of the Religious Affairs Ministry have been sent to Saudi Arabia to assist Bangladeshi pilgrims and provide them with emergency support, Islam said.
“Three medical camps have been established in Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah with 30 doctors and nurses to cater to pilgrims’ medical needs. In case of emergency, arrangements have been made to move a pilgrim in critical condition to specialized local hospitals,” he added.
“This year, so far, everything is under control and running very smoothly,” said M. Shahadat Hossain Taslim, secretary-general of the Hajj Agencies Association of Banglaesh (HAAB).
Speaking to Arab News from Makkah, Taslim expressed his gratitude to the Hajj Ministry of Saudi Arabia for its “better Hajj management this year.”
“Last year, many Bangladeshi pilgrims faced difficulty due to lack of transport in Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifah,” he said. “But this year, we have addressed the issue well ahead of time and are not facing any problem in this regard.”
Bangladeshi pilgrims were in a good condition and everything, from accommodation to treatment, was going well, he added.
A total of 126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj this year.
The Hajj flights from Bangladesh to Saudi Arabia will be closed after Friday and resume on Aug. 27 to bring the pilgrims back home.