McDonald’s to hire 4,000 Saudis

Updated 18 July 2014
0

McDonald’s to hire 4,000 Saudis

Global food giant McDonald’s, which has a substantial presence in Saudi Arabia, has announced plans to hire 4,000 young Saudi men as part of its move to expand operations, eying in particular fresh graduates with an interest in the food sector, said Prince Mishaal bin Khaled Al-Saud, president of the Riyadh International Catering Company (RICC), on Thursday. The Saudi youngsters will be trained and employed by McDonald’s within 30 months from now, he added.
“As one of the country’s largest employers of young people, the company and its franchisees in Saudi Arabia are aiming to hire the largest number of youngsters they have ever attempted to hire in such a short period,” said Prince Mishaal, whose RICC is the franchisee of McDonald’s in the central, eastern and northern regions of the Kingdom.
Prince Mishaal was speaking on the sidelines of a suhoor party hosted by McDonald’s at the local Ritz Carlton Hotel here.
Asked about the details of the recruitment strategy, Prince Mishaal said that “McDonald’s would open 35 new outlets in the Kingdom in 2015.”
More outlets will be opened in the following year. The number of young Saudis manning McDonald’s restaurants will exceed 2,000 by the end of the current year itself, he explained.
“By 2016, McDonald’s will have on its payroll 4,000 Saudis, who will represent more than 35 percent of our total work force,” said Prince Mishaal, adding that the food retailer is working closely with the Ministry of Labor and the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) on enhancing nationalization.
“We have received a great deal of support and encouragement for our localization programs from Minister of Labor Adel Fakeih,” he noted.


Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

Updated 2 min 22 sec ago
0

Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

  • Houthis also fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah on Monday

RIYADH: Houthi militants had tried to hit a civilian facility in Saudi Arabia's southern border province of Najran with a drone carrying explosives, the Arab Coalition supporting Yemen's legitimate government said on Tuesday.
In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the spokesman of the Saudi-led military coalition said the target was a vital facility.
"The Houthi-backed terrorist militia of Iran continues to carry out acts of terrorism that pose a real threat to regional and international security by targeting civilian objects and civilian facilities, as well as civilian citizens and residents of all nationalities," Al-Maliki said.

The statement did not mention casualties and gave no further details.

Earlier on Monday, Al-Maliki said Houthis fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah but both were shot down by Saudi air defense forces.

The Iran-backed Houthis have fired dozens of missiles at targets in Saudi Arabia, including the capital Riyadh, since the Arab Coalition intervened in 2015 to restore the government of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, which was ousted in a Houthi coup.