Saudi Passport Department: Yemenis with visitor IDs to get iqamas from Oct. 5

Dependents of holders of visitor IDs and those who entered the Kingdom legally and hold visitor IDs will not benefit from this decree. (SPA)
Updated 13 September 2017
0

Saudi Passport Department: Yemenis with visitor IDs to get iqamas from Oct. 5

RIYADH: The General Directorate of Passports in Saudi Arabia has announced that, acting on the instructions of Minister of the Interior Prince Abdul Aziz bin Saud bin Naif, and starting from Oct. 5, regular residency permits (iqama) will be offered to Yemeni nationals holding visitor IDs, provided that the beneficiary holds a valid passport.
The beneficiary needs to complete certain service procedures with their employer in line with Labor and Social Development Ministry criteria. Individuals may also use the “Musaned” electronic system to complete the process.
However, the directorate said that dependents of holders of visitor IDs and those who entered the Kingdom legally and hold visitor IDs will not benefit from this decree.
They urged all employers — individual, family, organization — to benefit from the electronic services provided by the Ministry of the Interior (Absher and Muqeem) to issue resident IDs, and stressed that no applications will be accepted in person. All inquiries should be sent through the e-mail ([email protected]) and the official Twitter and Facebook accounts of the department.
This announcement follows a decree concerning the normalization of the status of Yemeni citizens who entered the Kingdom illegally by offering them renewable visitor IDs for six months.


Saudi Arabia says missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead

Updated 20 October 2018
0

Saudi Arabia says missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi is dead

  • The journalist died after a fistfight at the consulate in Istanbul
  • Deputy intelligence chief, royal court adviser removed from positions, 18 Saudis arrested

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia announced on Saturday the death of missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi, saying a preliminary investigation indicated he lost his life after a fight at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
“The discussions between Jamal Khashoggi and those he met at the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul... devolved into a fistfight, leading to his death,” the Saudi Press Agency said, citing the public prosecutor.
Eighteen Saudis have been arrested in connection with the incident and the investigation is ongoing, the public prosecutor said.
“The Kingdom expresses its deep regret at the painful developments that have taken place and stresses the commitment of the authorities in the Kingdom to bring the facts to the public opinion, to hold all those involved accountable and bring them to justice,” a statement on the SPA said.
Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist who lived in the US, disappeared on Oct. 2 after visiting the consulate to complete paperwork related to his divorce.
Deputy intelligence chief Ahmed Al-Asiri was removed from his position and Saud Al-Qahtani from his advisory role at the Royal Court, through royal decrees.
Three other intelligence officials who were also sacked have been named as Mohammad bin Saleh Al-Rumaih, Abdullah bin Khalifa Al-Shaya and Rashad bin Hamed Al-Muhamadi.
King Salman also ordered the creation of a ministerial committee, headed by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, to restructure the country’s General Intelligence agency and issue the results of its work within a month.
Members of the committee include the interior and foreign ministers as well as the heads of the General Intelligence and State Security.
A team of Saudi investigators were sent to Istanbul and have been working on the case with Turkish detectives, who entered the consulate on Thursday.
Earlier in the week, Saudi Arabia promised a thorough and transparent investigation into what happened to the journalist in Turkey.