KSA condemns terror attacks in Egypt, Afghanistan

In this December 9, 2016 file photo, Egyptian emergency services carry a wounded victim at the site of a bomb attack next to a police checkpoint in Talibiya district of Cairo. On Friday, at least 35 soldiers and policemen were killed in another terror attack in Egypt. (AFP file photo)
Updated 21 October 2017
0

KSA condemns terror attacks in Egypt, Afghanistan

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia on Friday condemned in the strongest terms the deadly terror attacks in Egypt's Giza province and in Afghanistan and assured that it stood in solidarity with them in their fight against terrorism and extremism.
A source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offered condolences and sympathies to the families of the victims and to the governments and people of the two countries, the Saudi Press Agency said.
Egyptian security and medical sources on Friday said that at least 35 troops and police officers were killed in clashes with Islamist fighters in the Bahariya oasis in the country’s Western Desert on Friday.
A report by the Agence France Presse said the attack was confirmed by the Interior Ministry and that some of the “terrorist” attackers had died.
In Afghanistan, at least 63 people were confirmed killed in two separate suicide bomb attacks targetting two mosques during Friday prayers.
In the first attack, about 30 people were killed when a bomb hit a Shiite mosque in Kabul that was packed with people during Friday prayers.
The second blast, targetting a Sunni mosque in western Ghor province, killed 33 people also during Friday prayers.
Among those killed was a warlord who was apparently the target of the attack, an Associated Press report quoted local official Mohammad Iqbal Nizami as saying.


Saudi aid agency steps up relief work on Yemen’s west coast

Updated 22 April 2018
0

Saudi aid agency steps up relief work on Yemen’s west coast

  • KSRelief has carried out more than 200 relief programs and projects had been carried out by the center in Yemen
  • Yemeni government bewails world silence on abuses committed by Iranian-backed Houthi militia 

JEDDAH: King Salman Relief and Humanitarian Aid Center (KSRelief) has distributed 2,000 bags of wheat to displaced people from the western coast of Hodeida governorate to Aden as part of welfare operations in Yemen.
Yemen’s Minister of Local Administration and Higher Relief Committee chairman Abdul Raqeeb Fatah said KSRelief was seen as a beacon for humanitarian work.
More than 200 relief programs and projects had been carried out by the center in Yemen.
The Yemeni government condemned the silence of the UN and the international community on abuses committed by Iranian-backed Houthi militia against people in the Al-Hima area of Taiz governorate.
Rebels had continued indiscriminate shelling of Hima’s villages, forcing people from their homes, Fatah said. Fatah said the militia’s crimes in Taiz districts were contrary to international law. He called on the global community and humanitarian organizations to take a firm position on all Houthi crimes.
Yesterday, KSRelief distributed 3,500 cartons of dates in the villages of Izzala Al-Jumah in Al-Mukha directorate in Taiz governorate, benefiting 21,000 people.