J.K Simmons open to Spider-Man return

J. K. Simmons
Updated 10 November 2017
0

J.K Simmons open to Spider-Man return

NEW YORK: J.K Simmons would “never say never” to returning to the Spider-Man world.
The 62-year-old actor starred as Daily Bugle newspaper editor J. Jonah Jameson in all three of the Sam Raimi “Spider-Man” movies, and he has returned to the comic book genre playing Police Commissioner James Gordon in the DC Extended Universe film “Justice League.”
Simmons loved playing Jameson and would very much like to make a return to the character in Tom Holland’s Spider-Man films which are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, Simmons said: “I never say never. I mean, you know, obviously I had an amazing time with Sam Raimi in those movies and Tobey Maguire and everybody.
“That was a great, great time and huge for my career and my life, and just pure fun. If there were an opportunity to revisit that ... I do not know though. How old is “Spider-Man” going to be if J. Jonah Jameson is this old?”
Holland starred in his first feature film as the webslinger this year in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming.’
Despite being part of the MCU, the film marked the first time Marvel and Sony Pictures — who own the film rights to Spider-Man — worked together on the fan favorite superhero after Marvel sold the rights in 1985 for $225,000.

However, Sony Pictures are also developing their own ‘Spider-Man’ universe and recently announced two spin-off movies are in the works.
Sony has announced the release date for the upcoming Gina Prince-Bythewood directed movie ‘Silver and Black’, which will hit cinemas four months after the previously announced October 2018 release of ‘Venom’, starring Tom Hardy.


But is it art? Pranksters plant missing ‘Picasso’ in Romania

Updated 19 November 2018
0

But is it art? Pranksters plant missing ‘Picasso’ in Romania

  • Writer was the victim of a ‘performance’ by two Belgian directors in Antwerp
  • Supposed tip-off was part of a project called ‘True Copy’ dedicated to the notorious Dutch forger Geert Jan Jansen

THE HAGUE: A writer who thought she had found a painting by Pablo Picasso stolen in an infamous art heist six years ago said Sunday she was the victim of a “publicity stunt,” Dutch media reported.
Picasso’s “Harlequin Head” was one of seven celebrated paintings snatched from the Kunsthal museum in Rotterdam in 2012 during a daring robbery local media dubbed “the theft of the century.”
The artworks by Picasso, Monet, Gauguin, Matisse and Lucian Freud have not been seen since.
But Dutch writer Mira Feticu, who wrote a novel based on the brazen heist, thought she had uncovered the piece after she was sent an anonymous letter around 10 days ago “with instructions regarding the place where the painting was hidden” in Romania.
Feticu, of Romanian origin, said the tip-off led her to a forest in the east of the country where she dug up an artwork wrapped in plastic.
Romanian authorities, who were handed the canvas on Saturday night, said that it “might be” Picasso’s painting, which is estimated to be worth €800,000 ($915,000).
However, on Sunday night Feticu told the Dutch public broadcaster NOS that she was the victim of a “performance” by two Belgian directors in Antwerp.
Feticu said she received an email from the Belgian duo explaining that the letter was part of a project called “True Copy,” dedicated to the notorious Dutch forger Geert Jan Jansen, whose fakes flooded the art collections of Europe and beyond until he was caught in 1994.
“Part of this performance was prepared in silence in the course of the past few months, with a view to bringing back Picasso’s ‘Tete d’Arlequin’,” Bart Baele and Yves Degryse wrote on their website.
Their production company “currently wishes to abstain from any comment” because it first wants to speak to Feticu, the statement said.
“We will be back with more details on this issue within the next few days.”
Four Romanians were jailed in 2014 for the heist and ordered to pay €18 million ($20.5 million at today’s rates) to the work’s insurers.
One of the group, Olga Dogaru, told investigators she had burned the paintings in her stove in the sleepy village of Carcaliu to protect her son, Radu, when he could not sell them. She later retracted the statement.
Investigators have previously said the paintings were destroyed after the thieves failed to find a buyer.
Specialists from Romania’s museum of natural history examined ashes from a stove in Dogaru’s home and found traces of at least three oil paintings, based on lead- and zinc-based pigments in blue, yellow, red and green that are no longer used, director Ernest Oberlaender-Tarnoveanu said.
The thieves had slipped into the Dutch museum during the night of October 15-16, 2012 and got away with the works which despite their value were not protected by alarms.