Shakira cancels first appearance of El Dorado World Tour

Shakira and Gerard Piqué in this file photo. (Reuters)
Updated 10 November 2017
0

Shakira cancels first appearance of El Dorado World Tour

JEDDAH: Doctors have advised Shakira not to perform in the first concert of her “El Dorado World Tour” which was scheduled to be held on Nov. 8, according to Sayidaty and Hello magazines.
The 40-year-old singing sensation announced the news through her official account on Instagram saying she has pain in her vocal cords preventing her from holding the concert on time.
Shakira said: “My doctors have ordered me on vocal rest to avoid any greater damage that could keep me from performing.”
The El Dorado World Tour is the upcoming sixth world tour by the Colombian singer, and will be staged in support of her 11th studio album “El Dorado.” Comprising 36 shows so far, the tour will visit Europe and North America, with confirmed Latin American dates to be announced later.
The pop star also wrote a message which she posted on both her official website on Nov. 7 and her Instagram account in both English and Spanish.
“I am focusing on recovering now to be able to kick off on November 10th in Paris, as soon as I get the green light from my doctors,” she shared. “Thanks as always from the bottom of my heart for all the support and love you’ve shown me heading into this tour. I hope to make it worth the wait and see you all very soon!”
Shakira was rumored to have separated from her lover Barcelona player Gerard Pique. Gerard Piqué Bernabéu is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a center-back for FC Barcelona and the Spanish national team.


Oman’s Religious Affairs Ministry says second wife rule claim was ‘fake news’

Updated 18 July 2018
0

Oman’s Religious Affairs Ministry says second wife rule claim was ‘fake news’

DUBAI: Oman’s Religious Affairs Ministry said reports of a decision allegedly forcing local men to wed multiple wives to boost the population were “fake news,” local daily Times of Oman reported.
False claims spread on social media in a post that read, “Due to the lack of population growth, the Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs decided [that] every man must marry at least two women and the state will support them monetarily,” the report added.
“A woman who tries to prevent her husband [from getting married again will face] a penalty set by the ‘Department of Women Preaching and Guidance’ in the Ministry,” it added.
But the Religious Affairs Ministry dispelled the rumors, and issued a statement which stated: “Referring to the rumor that is being circulated, the Ministry would like to point out that this decision has not been issued by the Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs and that they will take legal action against [the person who started] rumor.”