Saudi job-generating commission prepares for 1st international forum

The forum will allow current and future job seekers to explore the most prominent jobs in 2030. (SPA)
Updated 29 November 2017
0

Saudi job-generating commission prepares for 1st international forum

RIYADH: The Job Generation and Anti-Unemployment Commission is preparing to launch the first international forum for jobs and specialties next Thursday, in Prince Sultan Grand Hall at Al-Faisaliyah Hotel, according to Al-Hayat on Tuesday, November 28.

The commission’s governor, Omar Al-Batati, said the forum is one of the commission’s strategic initiatives. It will allow current and future job seekers to explore the most prominent jobs in 2030 and at the same time will shed light on the job seekers’ skills and passions, and guide them toward the proper specialties for them, he said.

He added that global and strategic comprehension of the labor market and the increase of the harmonization of current and future graduates for the 2030 jobs, will help provide thousands of job opportunities for citizens, which will help reduce the rate of unemployment and contribute in achieving the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.

The forum’s secretary-general, Noha Al-Youssef, said that the forum will provide international events and tests for professional harmonization, with the participation of the best experts specialized in orienting young girls and boys toward the professions that best suit their capacities.


Saudi Arabia says UN Khashoggi report contains ‘baseless allegations’ and ‘contradictions’

Updated 5 min 24 sec ago
0

Saudi Arabia says UN Khashoggi report contains ‘baseless allegations’ and ‘contradictions’

  • Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir said the report contained 'nothing new.'
  • Saudi Arabia late indicted 11 people for the killing and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against five of them

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia said Wednesday that a report by a UN expert on the murder of Jamal Khashoggi  contains “baseless allegations” and “contradictions”.

Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir said the report contained “nothing new.”

He said the judicial authorities in the Kingdom are the only ones competent to investigate the case and that a number of suspects have already been arrested.

The report “contains clear contradictions and baseless allegations which challenge its credibility,” he said on Twitter.

“We strongly reject any attempt to prejudice the Kingdom's leadership or to remove the case from the course of justice in the Kingdom or influencing it in any way.”

The report released Wednesday by UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Agnes Callamard, said the murder of Khashoggi was the responsibility of the state of Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia late last year indicted 11 people for the killing and prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against five of them.

Saudi prosecutors said Khashoggi was killed by a “rogue operation” in a botched attempt to repatriate him. 

Al-Jubeir said the trials are being attended by representatives from the embassies of the five permanent members of the UN Security Council in addition to Turkey and Saudi human rights organizations.