Yanni tour extended for 2 additional Dhahran concerts

Greek musician Yanni arrived at King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah on Tuesday along with his daughter. (Photo courtesy: social media)
Updated 30 November 2017
0

Yanni tour extended for 2 additional Dhahran concerts

JEDDAH: Two additional performances by the world musician Yanni will take place at King Abdul Aziz International Cultural Center in Dhahran on Wednesday and Thursday December 6 and 7.
The official General Entertainment Authority (GEA) account on Twitter announced on Wednesday that “Sharqiyyah people we will not let you down; be prepared for Yanni’s concerts and make sure to hurry up and book your tickets through our website or any branch of Virgin Mega Store.”
The number of concerts to be held by the international musician in the Kingdom increased to six; four will be held in Jeddah on Thursday and Friday, November 30 and December 1, and in Riyadh on Sunday and Monday, December3-4.
The two Jeddah concerts will be held at the King Abdullah Economic City, while the GEA announced that it has moved the Riyadh concert site to Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University in response to the increased demand from the public.
Each of Yanni’s six concerts will be two hours, which is longer than the average time he offers on his usual tours. The concerts are categorized as being for families.
Yanni arrived at King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah on Tuesday along with his daughter.
 


Turkey and US strongly deny sharing 'any audio recording'

Updated 47 min 25 sec ago
0

Turkey and US strongly deny sharing 'any audio recording'

  • Secretary of State says report he had listened to a recording of Jamal Khashoggi’s death was false
  • Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu also denied sharing any audio recordings with US officials

LONDON: Turkey and the United States denied on Friday that Ankara had shared with Washington an audio recording related to the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said an ABC News report, citing an unnamed source, that he had listened to a recording of Khashoggi’s death while in Istanbul on Wednesday was false. 

Pompeo, who also visited Saudi Arabia this week, said he had neither seen nor heard such a recording.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu also denied sharing any audio recordings with US officials.

“It is out of the question for Turkey to give Pompeo or any other US official any audio recording,” Cavusoglu said during a visit to Tirana, Albania. “It is out of the question for us to share with any country this or that information.”

“Of course, as a result of the investigation so far, Turkey does have some information and evidence," he said. "We will share them with the world when they become fully clear because the whole world, understandably, wants to know what happened to Khashoggi and how it happened.”

Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist who lived in the US, disappeared on Oct. 2 after visiting the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul to complete paperwork related to his divorce. 

Saudi Arabia and Turkey are carrying out a joint investigation into the disappearance.

On Thursday, Turkey called on the public to ignore any information claiming to be leaked from the case.

Since Khashoggi’s disappearance there has been a flurry of stories claiming to be based on leaks from the probe.

Pompeo said on Thursday they had given Saudi Arabia more time to complete the investigation to make sure they have a complete understanding of the facts.