Saudi ‘Roads of Arabia’ exhibition set to display 466 rare artifacts in Tokyo

Updated 12 January 2018
0

Saudi ‘Roads of Arabia’ exhibition set to display 466 rare artifacts in Tokyo

RIYADH: The Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) is preparing to launch the “Roads of Arabia — Saudi Archaeological Masterpieces Through the Ages” exhibition, at the National Museum in Tokyo, Japan on Jan. 29.
Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the SCTH, continues preparations for this event, one of the most important events organized by the Kingdom in Japan, in cooperation with the Saudi Embassy in Tokyo, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and Media, and Saudi Aramco, the sponsor of the exhibition.
The exhibition will feature 466 rare archaeological pieces that highlight the rich history and cultural heritage of Saudi Arabia from the Stone Age to the current modern state.
The National Museum in Tokyo will be the exhibition’s 14th stop after it was hosted by four European countries (France, Spain, Germany and Russia), five US cities, two Asian countries (China and South Korea) and the local cities of Dhahran and Riyadh.
The exhibition at the National Museum in Riyadh opened its doors for 50 days, closing on Dec. 26, 2017. More than 300,000 people visited it.
Riyadh is the second city to host the Roads of Arabia exhibition at the national level. It was hosted before by the King Abdul Aziz Center for World Culture in Dhahran under the patronage of King Salman in December 2016.
Tokyo will be the exhibition’s third stop in Asia, after Beijing and Seoul, within the Asian campaign launched by King Salman, following the remarkable turnout it witnessed on its international tour that started with the Louvre Museum in Paris in 2010.


Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

Updated 20 April 2018
0

Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

  • Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis
  • The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia

Saudi air defense forces managed to intercept a ballistic missile fired by Houthi militias from Yemen headed in the direction of Saudi Arabia’s border province of Jazan on Friday.

Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis.

Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the coalition's spokesman, said the missile was monitored by the Saudi Air Force to have been launched from Yemen's Amran province at 10:16 p.m. Monday toward populated areas in the southern Saudi province of Najran.

The missile was intercepted before it could hit its target, Al-Maliki said.

The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia using what it said were Iran-supplied drones.

So far, the Houthis have launched over 100 missiles at Saudi cities and installations.