Photo goes viral as Egypt’s Sisi takes a break with the Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince

Above, Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and the Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed engaged in a private conservation. (Courtesy AbdelFattah Elsisi Facebook)
Updated 07 February 2018
0

Photo goes viral as Egypt’s Sisi takes a break with the Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince

CAIRO: A photo of Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed engaged in a private conservation at a restaurant in a UAE mall went viral on social media on Tuesday night.
The snap of the two leaders, posted on the Egyptian president’s official Facebook page, has received more than 33,000 likes so far. The page also published a video of both leaders touring the mall in Abu Dhabi before they headed to the restaurant.
President El-Sisi just concluded his first official visit to Oman before embarking on another official trip to the UAE. The UAE’s official WAM news agency announced earlier that El-Sisi had arrived in Abu Dhabi.
The Twitter accounts of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid and Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, crown prince of Abu Dhabi, published pictures of the leaders as they welcomed El-Sisi.
Egyptian presidential spokesman Bassam Radi said earlier that El-Sisi’s visit to the UAE was intended to discuss means of enhancing political, economic, and commercial cooperation.


Man jailed for hoax bomb call so he could catch UK flight to Los Angeles

Jacob Meir Abdellak.
Updated 17 August 2018
0

Man jailed for hoax bomb call so he could catch UK flight to Los Angeles

  • He was running late for his flight and thought it would be a good idea to call in a hoax bomb

LONDON: A French man who was running late for his flight from London to Los Angeles tried to delay it by calling police to say there was a bomb on board.
Librarian Jacob Meir Abdellak, who lives in east London, made the call eight minutes before his 5.47 a.m. Norwegian Air flight from Gatwick Airport was due to leave on May 11 because he was significantly late and airline staff had refused to allow him on board, a court heard.
His hoax meant passengers had to be re-screened and take-off was delayed by 90 minutes. An investigation by Gatwick revealed that the hoax call had been made using the same number linked to his booking.
When Abdellak returned to the airport to take another flight to the United States on May 22, he was arrested.
He initially claimed he had lost his phone’s SIM card but on Tuesday pleaded guilty at Lewes Crown Court to communicating false information regarding a noxious substance likely to create serious risk to human health. He was sentenced to 10 months in prison.
“This was a quite ridiculous decision made by Abdellak, who fabricated an extremely serious allegation purely for his own benefit,” said Gatwick Police Chief Inspector Marc Clothier on Thursday.
“He was running late for his flight and thought it would be a good idea to call in a hoax bomb, however this turned out to be the worst decision he could have made.”