E-rent network launched to organize Saudi real estate sector

Real estate brokers across Saudi Arabia must document a unified rent contract in the e-ejar network. (SPA)
Updated 13 February 2018
0

E-rent network launched to organize Saudi real estate sector

RIYADH: An electronic rent project has been launched to facilitate electronic payments and minimize disputes, the Saudi Press Agency reported.
According to the project, launched jointly by the ministries of housing and justice, real estate brokers across the Kingdom must document a unified rent contract in the e-ejar network as an approved contract and an executive document.
The launch of the network represents plans to facilitate a rent process between tenants, landlords and real estate brokers that will minimize disputes and find a quick solution to such conflicts, Housing Minister Majid Al-Hogail said.
He said all parties of the rent contract across the Kingdom can use the network’s electronic services at the nearest approved real estate brokerage office. Research for brokers can be accessed through the “real estate brokers” application.
Minister of Justice Waleed Al-Samaani said the unified rent contract will have a positive impact on the judicial sector as it will greatly minimize the flow of cases related to the rent sector.
He said the contract is meant to streamline relations and responsibility limits between the contractual parties through its authentication via the electronic network.
The new initiative is being worked out in cooperation with other government agencies including the ministries of interior and communications.
Minister of Communication and Information Technology Abdullah Al-Suwaha praised the partnership between different government parties for launching the electronic rent program.
He referred to the automation of procedures for more than 2.5 million housing units through the exchange of government information to provide rent services accurately, quickly and safely.


126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj 2018

Updated 1 min 11 sec ago
0

126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj 2018

DHAKA: The last Hajj flights from Bangladesh will leave for Saudi Arabia this morning.
About 125,000 Bangladeshi pilgrims have already reached the holy city Makkah, on special flights operated by Biman Bangladesh Airlines and Saudi Arabian Airlines
(Saudia).
The two operators will take the last batch of 1,400 pilgrims from Hazarat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka, after which the Hajj flights will be closed until Aug. 27.
The Bangladesh government has made extensive efforts to cooperate with the Kingdom in arranging travel plans for pilgrims, said officials in Dhaka.
“Our Ministry of Religious Affairs is highly concerned about the well-being of the pilgrims,” Saiful Islam, director of the Hajj Office in Dhaka, told Arab News.
“About 250 Bangladesh officials, including the staff of the Bangladesh mission in Saudi Arabia, have been deployed at places that the pilgrims will visit while performing the rituals of Hajj,” he told Arab News.
Most of the staff of the Religious Affairs Ministry have been sent to Saudi Arabia to assist Bangladeshi pilgrims and provide them with emergency support, Islam said.
“Three medical camps have been established in Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah with 30 doctors and nurses to cater to pilgrims’ medical needs. In case of emergency, arrangements have been made to move a pilgrim in critical condition to specialized local hospitals,” he added.
“This year, so far, everything is under control and running very smoothly,” said M. Shahadat Hossain Taslim, secretary-general of the Hajj Agencies Association of Banglaesh (HAAB).
Speaking to Arab News from Makkah, Taslim expressed his gratitude to the Hajj Ministry of Saudi Arabia for its “better Hajj management this year.”
“Last year, many Bangladeshi pilgrims faced difficulty due to lack of transport in Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifah,” he said. “But this year, we have addressed the issue well ahead of time and are not facing any problem in this regard.”
Bangladeshi pilgrims were in a good condition and everything, from accommodation to treatment, was going well, he added.
A total of 126,000 pilgrims from Bangladesh will perform Hajj this year.
The Hajj flights from Bangladesh to Saudi Arabia will be closed after Friday and resume on Aug. 27 to bring the pilgrims back home.