‘Nut rage’ sisters leave Korean Air, father apologizes

1 / 2
Korean Air Lines Chairman Cho Yang-ho arrives to testify at the second court hearing of his daughter Cho Hyun-ah, also known as Heather Cho, at the Seoul Western District court in Seoul Jan. 30, 2015. (Reuters/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo)
2 / 2
Cho Hyun-min, a senior vice president at Korean Air Lines and a daughter of its chairman Cho Yang-ho, arrives at Incheon International Airport in Incheon, South Korea, in this still image from MBC exclusive news report footage obtained by Yonhap on April 15, 2018. (MBC footage/Yonhap via Reuters)
Updated 22 April 2018
0

‘Nut rage’ sisters leave Korean Air, father apologizes

  • One of the daughters, Cho Hyun-min, a senior vice president at the airline, is under investigation by police
  • Heather Cho, made global headlines in 2014 when she ordered a Korean Air plane to return to its gate at a New York airport because she was angry over the way she had been served nuts in first class

SEOUL: Korean Air Lines Co. Ltd. Chairman Cho Yang-ho apologized on Sunday for the behavior of his two daughters and said they would immediately step down from their positions at the company.
One of the daughters, Cho Hyun-min, a senior vice president at the airline, is under investigation by police for suspected assault for allegedly throwing water at an attendee of a business meeting.
Her older sister, Heather Cho, made global headlines in 2014 when she ordered a Korean Air plane to return to its gate at a New York airport because she was angry over the way she had been served nuts in first class. She was jailed and returned to work as an executive of Korean Air’s hotel affiliate in March.
Chairman Cho said the company would “turn over a new leaf” with stronger management led by its board.
“As chairman of Korean Air as well as a father, I am terribly sorry for my daughter’s misstep. Everything is my responsibility and fault,” he said in a statement.


Ex-Hollywood executive Weinstein to surrender on sex assault charges

Updated 24 May 2018
0

Ex-Hollywood executive Weinstein to surrender on sex assault charges

  • More than 70 women have accused the co-founder of the Miramax studio and The Weinstein Co. of sexual misconduct including rape.
  • The allegations have given rise to the #MeToo movement in which hundreds of women have publicly accused powerful men in business, government and entertainment.

NEW YORK: Former Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein is expected to surrender to New York City police on charges of sexual misconduct on Friday, the New York Times reported, citing two unidentified law enforcement officials.
Benjamin Brafman, a lawyer for Weinstein, declined to comment on Thursday’s report.
More than 70 women have accused the co-founder of the Miramax studio and The Weinstein Co. of sexual misconduct including rape, allegations that gave rise to the #MeToo movement in which hundreds of women have publicly accused powerful men in business, government and entertainment.
Weinstein has denied having non-consensual sex with anyone.