Coalition accepts results of JIAT investigation, pledges to compensate victims

Spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said the coalition is coordinating with relevant authorities to obtain the names and identities of the families of the victims and provide them with compensation. (File photo / AFP)
Updated 03 September 2018
0

Coalition accepts results of JIAT investigation, pledges to compensate victims

JEDDAH: The Arab Coalition to Restore Legitimacy in Yemen said it accepts the results of the investigation of the Joint Incident Assessment Team (JIAT) following an attack on a bus last month that killed dozens.

Spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said the coalition is coordinating with the local hospital in the Dahyan area in Saada province and other relevant authorities to obtain the names and identities of the families of the victims and provide them with the necessary compensation.

He also said that the  coalition is working on revising and developing its rules of engagement after the attack killed at least 29 children, according to the Red Cross and injured dozens more.

Al-Maliki confirmed that all Yemeni ports are fully operational and the coalition is working to provide the necessary facilities for the passage of aid ships.

However, he said that the Iranian-backed Houthi militia continue to threaten maritime navigation in the Bab Al-Mandab Strait and the Red Sea.

Col. Al-Maliki added that the coalition “welcomes the position of the Yemeni government" in rejecting a UN report published last week that made a series of accusations against the alliance.

The coalition also rejected the report because it contained inaccuracies and false information, the spokesman said.

Meanwhile, Al-Maliki said the Yemen National Army forces continued to advance on various fronts.


UAE senior official says UAE condemns terrorism, says Iran's "incitement" against his country regrettable

Updated 16 min 23 sec ago
0

UAE senior official says UAE condemns terrorism, says Iran's "incitement" against his country regrettable

DUBAI: A senior United Arab Emirates official denied on Sunday Iranian allegations alluding to the involvement of the UAE in training troops that claimed the attack on a military parade in southwestern Iran.
The “formal incitement against the UAE from within Iran is unfortunate, and has escalated after the Ahvaz attack,” said Minister of State for Foreign Affairs for the United Arab Emirates Anwar Gargash in a tweet.
“The UAE’s historical position against terrorism and violence is clear and Tehran’s allegations are baseless.”