40% increase in output through digitalization: Saudi justice ministry

Enforcement courts have been able to raise their hourly productivity by 87 percent this year. (SPA)
Updated 05 September 2018
0

40% increase in output through digitalization: Saudi justice ministry

  • Digital transformation initiatives contributed to this substantial progress as procedures are becoming fully digitized

JEDDAH: The Saudi Ministry of Justice said on Tuesday that digital transformation plans inside the ministry had increased the level of productivity by 40 percent in the past two years. The ministry has made much progress toward implementing initiatives for its National Transformation Program (NTP) 2020, which developed the performance of judicial services and entities. The Deputy Minister for Planning, Development and Information, Waleed Al-Roshood, said development projects contributed to improving productivity levels inside the ministry and improved the performance of human capital. According to business intelligence platform; the average level of productivity in one working hour increased by 40 percent in the past 10 months, compared with the same period two years ago.
In addition to this, the platform revealed that the average number of judicial cases performed in one hour reached 2,090 this year, while two years ago it was only 1,368.
There were a daily average of 8,213 judicial cases taking place two years ago, while this year there are 12,545.
Enforcement courts have been able to raise their hourly productivity by 87 percent this year (835 cases), compared with two years ago (441 cases).
Al-Roshood said that digital transformation initiatives contributed to this substantial progress as procedures are becoming fully digitized, and online legal services are made available. Similarly, the latest initiative by the ministry to allow property ownership transfer to be performed online through the ministry’s portal helped to show an increase in levels of performance through the platform.


Saudi Arabia ‘strongly condemns’ Houthi attack on Yemen UN monitors

Updated 18 January 2019
0

Saudi Arabia ‘strongly condemns’ Houthi attack on Yemen UN monitors

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia on Friday strongly condemned the targeting of “UN personnel by the Iran-backed Houthi militia in Yemen” after cease-fire monitors came under fire.
The attack took place on Thursday in Hodeidah, where a truce agreed in talks in Sweden came into force last month.
The Houthi militia “have violated their signed commitments in Stockholm and continue to flout international law and escalate their aggression against the Yemeni people,” Saudi Arabia’s Ambassador to the United States Prince Khalid bin Salman tweeted on Friday.


The UN said one round of small arms fire struck a UN-marked armored vehicle that was part of convoy carrying chief monitor Patrick Cammaert.
The UN monitors arrived in Hodeida — the entry point for the bulk of Yemen’s imports — on Dec. 23. The UN Security Council this week agreed to expand the force to 75 monitors.